Did you Just Get Friend-Zoned?
You thought things were going well and that at least you had more time to prove yourself to her.
Turns out…you didn’t, because she told you she just wants to be friends.
So what do you do?
Ask yourself if you’re genuinely okay being her friend, forever.
Because while there are stories of men venturing out of the friend-zone, there’s no way of GUARANTEEING you’ll get out of it.
If you feel you are up for the challenge of being friends with someone who you initially wanted to date and be intimate with, then by all means, do it.
Some people have the ability to shut off that romantic/sexual part of themselves when they decide to be friends with the woman they were initially interested in, but other times, it’s not so simple.
You could be signing yourself up for years of unnecessary torment depending how emotionally invested you are in this woman.
There are pros and cons to remaining friends after she set those boundaries.
Here are some of the pros:
- You get to still enjoy the company of someone you like.
- You will always have a place in her life.
- There’s the chance she can change her mind in the future.
Here are the cons of staying friends with her:
- You will get jealous and hurt when she talks about other guys.
- You can begin to doubt your worth and possibly lose respect for yourself.
- You will deprive yourself of meeting a different woman who could be a better fit for you because you keep spending so much time with this woman you’re infatuated with.
As you can see, there are clearly some benefits and downsides to remaining friends.
The best thing you can do after she suggests just being platonic is telling her you need a few days to think about it.
And then allow yourself that space to get perspective and truly ask yourself if remaining friends with her is in your best interest.